Monday 23 January 2012

Beyond the Square Motif #60

I must admit I have been making the motifs I like best first, it's so much easier to make something you like the look of don't you think, but I know I will have to make those I don't like that much as well if I am to reach the 100 motif goal ( or even more if I am to beat Barbara lol )  
I do like this one it was one of the first that caught my eye.  I love the woven corners it makes it unusual and I haven't made anything like this before.  I have chosen the colours that are in the book because I just happen to have them and they make a lovely combination.  The motif was easy to make but there were lots of ends to weave in, so I wouldn't be encouraged to make a large project with these.  The sides are curved so joining them to make a blanket would be impossible anyway,  I was thinking of a bunting maybe made in colours to suit an occasion, or a simple wall hanging perhaps. 




Motif #60
Progress 3 of 100

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that's one of my favorites, too! I've tried to force myself to skip some favorites and make a few other motifs, too - you'll be surprised, some of them turn out to be more fun than you've thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara you are right I discovered that this evening, I have been most pleasantly surprised with the motif I have just made it turned out much nicer than I thought it would. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a corker Linda! It's such an unusual shape too isn't it...just imagine a whole blanket! I'm working them in order...only because I find it so difficult to choose! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Stocki we could put all the numbers in a hat and draw them out one by one lol

      Delete
  3. Very well done! This is such an interesting motif. I was wondering about it the other day. I am glad it is not that hard, so I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, yes do have a go it's fun to make :)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx