Friday 16 January 2015

A challenge a CAL and pizza!

Thank you for all your lovely comments about the cowls I made in my last post, I try to answer most of your comments by email but for those of you who are noreply bloggers I'm giving you my thanks here I really appreciate each and every one.

Now as I mentioned here earlier in January, because I enjoyed the block a week challenge using the book 200 knitted blocks by Jan Eaton I intend doing the same this year but this time using the book 200 Crochet Blocks
This time I want to make as many projects with the blocks as I can rather than a set number....


Granny with a Twist
Block 40
This is the first block I have made from  the book it's supposed to be intermediate but I found it very easy.  I intend making a baby boy blanket using 4 different blocks from the book and I will need to make twelve of these.

Once again the ladies from Loving Hands are joining me with this challenge so I can show you their blocks and projects too.  Join us if you like it's fun and there's no pressure whatsoever because you can make as few or as many as you like and it's ongoing so no deadlines.

moving on....

Here is this weeks progress for the mini rings of change cal hosted by Kate

This week we worked rounds 8-10



 Round eight I used Stylecraft Special Chunky shade 1061 Plum

 Round nine I used shade 1023 Raspberry

Round ten I used shade 1241 Fondant


I'm still enjoying this challenge and I am loving the way it's developing, it's hard not to just keep going but really I shouldn't I have so many other things that need my attention.

I would still like to join in with the moogly cal but the first block is quite challenging and needs a bit of concentration I'm hoping I will be able to at least give it a try this weekend.

and finally...
Would you like to make some really yummy pizza


I know what you are thinking! hang on didn't she just say she wanted rid of her chocolates and she's going to the gym! and now she's eating pizza!

Okay I know, but hey we have to live a little and homemade pizza has got to be better than bought right?  so on a Saturday it's either pizza or pasta especially when my youngest son is home I have to indulge him he's going back to Cambridge next week :(

I want to share this recipe with you because I have had it for ages, my friend and I created it when I lived in Syria and we used it all the time.

The dough is so easy because it's not a yeast dough and the recipe makes quite a large quantity easily enough for two large pizzas. Just half all the quantities if it's too much.

Base
3 cups of plain flour
1tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
half cup of yogurt
half cup oil I use olive oil but any veg oil will do
quarter cup of melted butter
1 beaten egg.

Topping
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 large onions
Garlic 2 cloves or more if you like
salt to taste
Then any topping you wish I used
pastrami
olives
spinach
grated cheddar cheese
oregano 

Method
Sift flour, salt, baking powder together then add all other ingredients and work into a dough a little water may be needed.  Lightly Knead and then cover and put into the fridge to chill.

chop onions very fine I used a processor and then fry until translucent in a little olive oil, add the tomatoes and grated garlic, simmer until the sauce thickens to spreading consistency.

Remove dough from the fridge and roll out thinly to desired shape, I used an oblong grill pan but you can make them round if you like. 

Prick the pizza base all over with a fork (but not all the way through) and place into the oven at 200 C for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and spread tomato mixture evenly over the top and then add what ever topping you like, sprinkle oregano to taste.

place in the oven until cheese is golden brown approx 10 to 15 mns on 200 C




There you have it, it really does taste good. :)

What are you making and baking this weekend ? whatever it is have a good one!





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks great. I love to make pizza at home. You can put anything on it. I have that book too, but I find it a little hard to follow the patterns sometimes and I'm not sure why. There are so many beautiful designs in it, I'd like to try again. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first block, Linda; it's so pretty. I'm waiting for the craft books to go on sale before I buy it. Terrific progress on the Mini Rings; I'll add it to today's post. That first Moogly square scared me, too, so I did one of the alternate squares. That pizza looks very yummy; thanks for sharing the recipe. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your kals and the pizza looks delicious. Hope you are having a wonderful new year my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda how strange I am doing a blanket with Jan Eatons blocks, like Cherry Heart's Vintage one. Your Mini Rings of Change is lovely the colours are gorgeous. I was thinking of doing the Moogly one but got frightened by the first one and was going to flag it, but this afternoon not liking to be beaten by anything I had a go, It is difficult and I found the pictures on Ravelry helped and I needed to go with the videos. Its not finished yet but the hard part is done and it looks lovely. So I guess I am doing that AS WELL! LOL. The pizza looks yummy,Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious to me, can I have a piece and sit and chat with you over a cup of tea?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cal and yummy pizza...
    Have a delicious weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your mini rings of change is turning out. That is a challenge I should take up too now that I've found all sorts of odd yarn in the clean out of the craft closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mini rings of change is gorgeous. I'm collecting the "00 Crochet Blocks book from my library tomorrow and will peruse it carefully. I might find some blocks that appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty crochet!! Many thanks for sharing your pizza recipe, Linda. I love pizza and I will surely test this dough, sounds very interesting! Weekend greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mini rings of change is looking really great, I have seen several of the pieces that others have created and I am amazed at how the different colourways make them look so different, and yet all so lovely! Just as yours is! I love pizza and homemade is definitely best isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mini rings is looking beautiful :)
    I often make pizza, atleast twice a month but I get the base from supermarket. Thanks for sharing !! I will try the base as per your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful crochet!
    Pizza - no comment.:)
    Happy week.:*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx