Thursday 4 May 2017

A Nice Surprise.

Even though I knit and crochet none stop my stash never seems to go down, although I have been making preemie items lately and they don't take much yarn at all

I needed to see it diminishing so that's why making those birds nests was so satisfying it served a double purpose, help the birds AND bust a significant amount of stash, so that done I got thinking what next? What can I do with these little balls of yarn and there, out of the cobwebby recesses of my brain something stirred,... my Scrappy Blanket! I had been adding to it now and then but it was ages since I had worked on it in fact I had quite forgotten about it, It took me a while to remember where I had put it and drag it out of it's hiding place.

When I pulled it out of the bag I was reminded just how pretty it was....



how can you not feel cheered when you see all of those lovely colours playing so nicely together.  I couldn't wait to get back into it and finish it off.  Then I had a thought maybe it would be a good idea to actually measure it first just to see how much more work it needed.



I laid it carefully on the bed and measured it and discovered to my surprise that it was almost the right size already, all it needed was a border to make it a 4' x 6' single sized blanket.




To be honest I didn't know whether to be sad or glad because I had fired myself up to work on it and it was all done already.



I know that regular readers of my blog will remember me starting this blanket but if anyone hasn't seen it before or if anyone wants a reminder of how it's made read my Totally Scrappy Blanket post to see how it's done and best of all there's no ends to weave in yay! 

This blanket has been pulled this way and that and so far none of the knots or joins have come undone so I will be using this method again.




I added a border of 
one round dc (sc US), 
one round htr (hdtr US), 
one round dc (sc US), 
one round 3 ch, miss 2 dc (sc US), ss into next dc (sc US) and there you have it.



One scrappy blanket all done and dusted after two short years weighing in at 900 grams.

This Blanket will be donated to Operation Orphan.😊






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

16 comments:

  1. It's lovely. I do like the look of scrappy blankets and quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Linda, Oh you are amazing, you are always making such lovely things. This crochet quilt is lovely and a fabulous way to use up scraps of wool (can I say scraps of wool, I usually says scraps of material). I love the random colours and although I don't have a lot of wool... now material is a totally different matter.... I think my daughter would love a scrappy quilt.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so clever with the knits. Thanks for putting the links, it's amazing what can be done. Love the blanket, I'm sure it'll be loved where ever it goes. My friend has foster kids and whenever any child is placed with her they bring a Linus quilted duvet with them. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty . . . and each color is a reminder of other special creations and projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is so lovely, all those amazing colors. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely blanket, Linda, and made from half trebles will be really cosy and warm. It's hard to believe that the colours were random, they go so well together x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking very pretty and colorful, Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone is going to appreciate this lovely blanket !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I love scrappy, colourful blankets the most!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! All those colors are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you stopped your Stash Buster Parties? I haven't seen one for a while ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valeria, yes I have but may start them up later see this post..
      http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/saying-goodbye-and-huge-thank-you.html

      Delete
  12. Hello Linda, bravo you finished your scrappy blanket. It came out beautiful and what a big job that was. It was good to use up your scraps of yarn too.
    Enjoy Mother's Day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your last sentence took me by surprise. You are really good to give away something so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your scrappy blanket! it is very colorful and hard not to feel cheerful looking at it. Thanks for brightening this gloomy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blanket and, indeed, the colors work beautifully well together.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx